Saturday, June 2, 2012

Busy!!!!

I haven't had a lot of down time for the last few months. After 'Ring the Bell' I went to Sarasota to do steadicam on 'Spring Breakers', the Harmony Korine movie. I got to do a big night time steadicam oner, gun fight for the end of the movie. Harmony and Benoit Debie (the DP) were both really great to work with and really creative.

Then it was a series of commercials and then off to Jamaica for two weeks of Sandals Resorts:
After Sandals I did a few more higher end commercials (a lot of 35mm film this year)and a live Tony Bennett 'Duets' concert for a week. Tony is 86 years old and still does over 200 days a year performing. Tony is bad to the bone!

I finally had time to shoot some 'Burn Notice 2nd unit' (now on it's 6th season) and got to do some pretty cool stuff with a semi and 3 suburbans, including hanging under the semi while it drove down the street while the suburbans were trying to force it off the road:

I just found the links on line for two of the commercials I did for Acura.  They were shot in 35mm and are actually 4 commercials spliced into 2.  The shots themselves were not that difficult but trying to match the two commercials so that each frame was as close to exactly the same size as it's matching frame but on totally different sets was pretty tricky.  I think the finished spots are really cool:




Worked on 'The Glades' Friday, shooting some more 'Burn Notice' on Monday and then Brett and I leave from set at wrap and head up to Gainesville for a few days to do under water work on a commercial for the Olympics.  It looks like Summer is going to be as busy as Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment